How To Choose A Basement Waterproofing Company
1. Longevity – Poor basement waterproofing companies generally don’t last over time unless they change their name or otherwise distort the facts. Many consumer advocates suggest choosing a basement waterproofing contractor who has been in business at least ten (10) years. Confirm if company claims twenty (20) years experience, that it means twenty (20) years in the waterproofing business, not just in the contracting business or some related business (i.e., siding or roofing contractor).
2. BBB Rating – While imperfect, it gives a consumer some idea of the company’s reputation. Consider only A+ companies – the grade isn’t that difficult to attain. Also, check with the Better Business Bureau about the number of complaints and directly question the company’s rep as to why specific complaints were unresolved and how they will resolve any complaints you may have after the work is completed.
3. Systems and Guarantees – Select basement repair contractors who use a proven system that carries a long-term, transferable guarantee without transfer fees or time-frame restrictions on assigning a transfer of warranty with cancellation penalties. Be cautious of a warranty longer than the company has been in business.
4. Reliable, Insured Work Force – Be sure that every person stepping onto your property is a full-time employee of that contractor (no sub-contractors) and carries the required worker’s compensation and general liability insurance. Quality contractors should be more than happy to give you a certificate of insurance before starting your job.
5. Brick and Mortar – Choose only basement repair companies that have a real physical location. If a company’s address is a post office box or a home address, look for other basement waterproofing companies!
6. Company Rep – Was the rep that came to your house knowledgeable? Did he answer your questions directly and honestly? Was he able to explain clearly and concisely the nature of your problem and how best to solve it? Did he prepare an estimate for repair in a timely manner?
7. Contract – A good contract is clear, concise and set forth the procedures and guarantees that were discussed at the time of the bid.
8. References – While even bad contractors have some good references, it never hurts to talk with people in your area who have experience with a basement waterproofing company you are considering.
9. Independent Consumer Ratings – Publications that accept no advertising and independently evaluate business such as Angie’s List can be a valuable resource when selecting a basement waterproofing contractor.
10. Friends, Relatives, Neighbors – Ask those closest to you for a recommendation. They may be aware of a quality contractor often through personal experience.
Call Perma Jack today for a free inspection of your wet basement and free consultation. Need a second bid or a second opinion on a basement repair bid you already have? We are happy to compare our repair services and products with any of the other companies in St. Louis, Missouri.
Foundation Repair and Basement Waterproofing in St. Louis and surrounding counties of Missouri and Illinois
1127 Country Stone Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63088
Local telephone: 636-225-2553
Toll free: 1-888-737-6252